Elevation of breasts
In order to correct the mammary fall, without reduction of the mammary volume.
Those people need it all who have the fallen chest; problem that can be originated by an important loss of weight, subsequent to the pregnancy and lactation; or simply by the own aging of the breast.
What is one mastopexia?
It is the surgery that is used to correct ptosis (fallen) mammary, without reduction of the mammary volume. By definition, ptosis is considered mammary true when the complex areola nipple is below the mammary furrow.
Who needs it?
Those people need it all who have the fallen chest; problem that can be originated by an important loss of weight, subsequent to the pregnancy and lactation; or simply by in own aging of the breast.
What risks are assumed?
Although with a low frequency they can appear the following complications:
- Hematoma: It is the accumulation of blood that takes place when I coagulate that it plugs a glass follows. In the cases of intraoperating profuse bleeding drainages are left; but once restored the hematoma, it is necessary to reintervenir to evacuate it.
- Infection: The risk of infections nowadays is very low, since they are prepared with antibiotic treatment. Even so, if it appeared, and according to their degree of intensity, their effects could generally affect the aspect of the scar and the result.
- Widening of scar: He is not so infrequent to especially find widening of the scars that been have put under a tension, when has been placed implants mammary. In some cases it is anticipated, and an adjustment of the scar is programmed to improve its aspect.
- Hypertrophic scars and keloids: The scar can be of bad quality, extremely heavy and slow to whiten (hypertrophic) circumstance that depends on the nature of the patient and his age.
- The keloid is a disease of the scar, with a disturbed growth of the same. In the white race he is infrequent, nevertheless, in the black is not rare his appearance.
- Hiperpigmentaci³n of the scars, or by the own nature of the patient, by premature exhibition to the sun, or by ingestion of some medecines. In order to solve this complication it is used despigmentantes creams and peeling in addition to treatment with laser, having obtained itself good results.
Local anesthesia supported by sedation or general anesthesia (according to criterion of the medical staff).
Duration of the intervention
The duration of the intervention is of approximately one hour and a half.
The patient can return to house the day of the intervention in the majority of the cases. But he will need one week partial rest to return to the normal activity without realising concerted efforts.
Only be risen to the chest placing can a prothesis?
If one is ptosis true, no. However, in the cases that we denominated pseudoptosis, in which the nipple is superficially around the mammary furrow or, in fact is no a true surplus leather, but a lost one of mammary content that can be remedied with the positioning of implants.
It varies the size of the breast with mastopexia?
One pexia without prothesis increases neither to the size nor the consistency of the breast.
It compensates the scar to raise the chest?
Normally the scar is tolerated better than a chest fallen, since the scars become delicate and intraskin.
Possible to do one is mastopexia without leaving scar?
In this type of operation, always it is signal. In the cases where the defect is smaller, the scar will only be placed around the areola